We will be Adopting a Military Family (a female veteran's family in need) thru the Veteran's One Stop Center for the holiday season. Help us make the holidays brighter for this veteran's family!
Over the course of November and December, the Veterans One-stop Center of WNY receives requests from local organizations to adopt families for the oliday season. NYS Women Inc Buffalo Niagara Chapter has taken on one family to help this year. Below is a note from the family selected for us along with items they are looking for. Please wrap the items and put the name of the person on the package and bring them to our December 5th Holiday meeting at Salvatore's. If you can not make the meeting but want to help there are a few options:
- Purchase them from Amazon and ship them to Renee or Sue.
- Drop off the items at Renee or Sue's house.
- Give them to another person attending the event.
- Send a check to Sue and she will purchase items we do not get.
Renee Cerullo - 121 Baywood Dr Cheektowaga NY 14227
Sue Mager - 3406 Mckinley Parkway, Apt. C-11, Blasdell, NY 14219
Questions - Contact Sue Mager via email or (716) 830-2115
From our Veteran
My family is in a really tough spot this year. We have currently lost my son in law's father and my daughther's adoptive mother both within a week of each other which has taken a toll financially. We are also in the process of trying to move into a new apartment and get out of the apartment we are currently in due to my current landloard who has had us living in horrible conditions for quite awhile. He has left us without heat with two young children and has made it extrenely difficult for us to try and get into a new place. Due to having to move and the two losses, I will not be able to give my family or my two young grandchildren a Christmas this year.
What they are in need of:
- 11 months old boy
- He needs winter clothes, boots, hats, warm blankets, learning & interactive toys, size 5 diapers.
- Pant size: 12-18 months
- Shoe size: baby/toddler size 5
- Shirt size: 12-18 months
- 3 1/2 yr old girl
- She is in need of winter clothes, toddler underware, a twin matress for her bed, she loves learning and Paw Patrol, she has been wanting a leap frog leap pad with learning activities.
- Pant size: 4T
- Shoe size: Toddler size 10
- Shirt size: 4T
- 26 yr old female
- Needs winter boots, warm socks, sweaters, king size bedding, her interests are arts and crafts, baking and reading.
- Pant size: 3 Petite
- Shoe size: 9 1/2 womens
- Shirt size: Medium
- 58 yr old female
- Needs a heavy winter jacket with a hood, sweaters, twin bedding, pillows, gloves, towels, slippers and a bath robe.
- Pant size: 10-12 womens
- Shoe size: 9 womens
- Shirt size: Medium
- 30 yr old male
- Needs shoes, boots, pants and slippers.
- Pant size: 32-34 mens
- Shoe size: 11 mens
- Shirt size: XL